Wednesday, May 11, 2005

the world according to ...lisa xx

Hello all

Well I just thought I would share with you the some of the lovely things that happened to me over the weekend. It started on the Friday when I walked into the office to find a huge box sitting on the desk. I knew instantly it was from Neil, a beautiful bouquet of flowers (roses and lilies), a bottle of champagne and some gorgeous chocolates and the most beautiful card which I know Neil wont mind me sharing with you because it brought a tear to my eye

`Darling Lisa I love you more than everything on earth – Happy 40th Birthday Neil xxxxxxxx`

I received lots of cards and gifts and well wishes that I will be thanking people personally for xx

On Saturday I had a lovely meal with my family in St Neots – I did ask Neil if he would like to come as Steve my older brother asked me specifically if Neil was coming, (sorry Neil it wasn’t Paul who asked lol) but Neil declined muttering something about Kylie on Channel 4 later in the evening. (I thought I was number one in his life but I cant compete with Kylie!

It was lovely to be with my family and made me realise that the only time families ever really get together are on special occasions, and it was nice to have my nieces and nephews there too. Ethan the latest edition at 14 months was in real form having discovered the art of walking a few days before, did not appreciate being strapped into a high chair. He insisted in walking around all the family and having a hug and blowing kisses to everyone. His sister Emily was trying to show me the delights of a new craze called `scoobies` pieces of plastic string you make into different shapes she even offered to show me slowly as I was old! Oh the joy of being 11!

My Brother Paul’s 3 children were there his oldest Jade 19 years old! We did try to make him feel old, but it didn’t work. Kye who at 13 was more into his handheld game console than talking to us. And Shauna who gave me a big hug and wished me a lovely birthday and then said loudly `did you get a big birthday cake Auntie Lisa as it would have to be big to put all the candles on!` Brought howls of laughter from my brothers and sister in laws. I was just speechless for once. The only other time she has left me speechless was when she asked me if dinosaurs played in the playground when I was at school. – I was just not quick enough with a good answer. (I still can`t think of a good one now so just incase it comes up again – any suggestions send them on a postcard to dinosuar.com)!

I did try to point out to my younger brother that it would be his turn next year. But Paul has decided that if we want to celebrate with him, we had better start saving, as he plans to go for a long weekend to New York to celebrate his. (So piggy bank is now out and all spare change is going in – as its one place on my wish list of places I want to visit – Neil if you want to join you better start saving too)

After the meal we all go back to Steve and Pips house to carry on the celebrations and to see how drunk we could get my stepmother Gaye.
We did laugh when we got there as we had managed to have a meal in the restaurant without my Dad saying Grace. Which was a miracle in itself because many a time we all have been caught out round my Dads as we tuck in to the meal and suddenly look up to see my Dad with his hands clasped. He doesn’t normally ask us anymore as one Christmas he asked my sister in law Michelle to say Grace and we all bowed our heads and waited Michelle said `grace` and then started tucking to her dinner while we were all trying not to laugh. My Dad did see the funny side,

My brother sends me into the dining room to get a chair and as I open the door I see this enormous bouquet of flowers, a cake in the shape of a bottle of champagne, balloons, streamers and a pile of cards and presents.

I opened all the cards and presents and blew out the candles (Pip had been kind and was obviously thinking of the fire risk so had not attempted to put 40 candles on the cake. The kids were disappointed but I wasn’t I don’t think I could have blown them all out)

They had saved the best present for last they had booked me a Legends tour of Arsenal Stadium on 15 June with Kenny Samson. (Kenny who I hear you cry he played for Arsenal of course and was in the England team that played the infamous game against Argentina in 2002 when Maradona did the famous `had of god` and we crashed out of the quarter-finals.

I will have a tour of the Marble Halls, the home dressing rooms, Trophy cabinet, Directors box, Press conference room, Players tunnel, the dug out where Arsene Wenger sits, and the Museum. After which there is a question and answer session with Kenny Samson so I can ask him how he felt that day against Argentina lol.

Oh I cant wait I am sorry to all you who hate football but it’s a passion and I love it! So have booked the day off and am counting down the days lol.

We did have a great night consumed numerous bottles of wine and after everyone had left crept up to bed a little worse for wear – it took me ages to get to sleep though too much excitement for one day – too much wine – and dreaming of my day trip to arsenal zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Lisa xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear about the Arsenal trip, it sounds fab, was the hand of god thing really 2002?
As you know so much about scooby's please tell me where I can buy them, soon to be 7yr old is desperate for some. Gx

Anonymous said...

No it was earlier than that i got the date mixed up oops lol - as for the scoobies you can get them from The Works at a really good rate apparently i have been asked when i am in town next to purchase some for my niece xxx Lisa