Sunday, March 06, 2005

I wish Bernardo Bertolucci was my dad !

...in the middle of her essay Tanya wrote the word 'bollocks' just for extra emphasis...

Lets talk about the abortion of a programme called 'making your mind up' last night on bbc1...it was meant to be a platform whereby we could choose the song to represent this shitty nation at the Eurovision song contest...it was bloody abysmal, as mentioned before Katie Price (aka Jordan) was even more atrocious having to sing live and the fun bit was that everyone was booing her (that appealed to my bitchy side). She was wearing something quite amazing, it was sort of a Pink latex jumpsuit with a built in pregnancy panel so they wouldn't have to alter the costume if she got through...thank god she didn't. The winner, bless her, tried very hard and its a sort of okay song but a bit too close to Britneys 'Toxic' for my liking. The other choices were really not even worth mentioning, and where they came up with the five songs in the first place was beyond me...making your mind up indeed!

Celebrity comic relief fame academy is going well...EDITH TO WIN...its tripe but its in a good cause so all you have to do is text 'vote edith' to 60077 every day till Friday and you will make your uncle neil very happy indeed, as well as raise money to help the world.

I watched a very difficult film the other day called 'The Woodsman' starring Kevin Bacon (who was oscar worthy by the way) who plays a paedophile released from prison and trying to reform his ways by falling in love and trying not to reoffend. The argument it has caused is that the film makers are asking you to feel empathy for their film character and people just don't seem to be able to or want to do this. It is a really good film and i urge you all to see it to make up your own minds. The only opinion I could express is that of a non parent and I don't feel that would help the argument either way, so as i said, its over to you.

http://www.thewoodsmanfilm.com/

Lisa was horrified about doing the blog on Tuesday so we shall give her a big 'Ra Ra Lisa..you go girl' (for support)...I personally can't wait, i think its going to be one of the most explosive things you have read since Jaqueline Susan put her pen down after finishing 'Valley of the dolls'...woo hoo!

As you all probably know by now I am a bit of a filmophile, so i thought i would throw in a contest with the winner receiving five albums of their choice (subject to download availability!...i'm not a cheapskate, just efficient!)...all entries must be mailed to piddy77@ntlworld.com by Friday and the winner will be picked from all correct entries...so on to the question...(if no one gets it right then we shall have a rollover)

Q. This is the last line of a film...what film was it..."You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry: you will someday."


...Neville had an evil glint in his eye as he approached the frog, holding the straw aloft in the air...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was worried to admit that I had watched "making you mind up", I think Javine won because the audience thought if they got her back on then she may show them a bit more of her body. What upper crap.
Hope you have remembered it's mothers day, I have spend a lovely family day, and watched Bridgett Jones, Edge of Reason again, now I'm feeling fab!!
I dont have a clue about your compo, so I wont bother to mail you.
Goodnight all, back on the early shift tomorrow, so must get an early night. Gx

Anonymous said...

thank god i never watched the programme just heard lots of comments about it though - although have just watched sundays comic relief and thought it very good tonight - and i know the answer so will be winging it to you soon lol

i am thinking of not writing my guest blog and taking the whipping think that would be much more fun!

Lisa xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa

Looking forward to your blog tomorrow - big up for lisa!!