Thursday, December 08, 2005

la la la la...oh i wish they all could be gayayateshead girls...


First I would like to start with a big thank you to all those who read my little bit of the blog on a Thursday. I have had a great many comments from people who have tried some of the tips that I occasionally write about. It’s much appreciated and I promise to pass on any more tried and tested fixes I find. The world of the computer beyond the keyboard and mouse can be quite daunting and anything I can do to help demystify I will. If any body has any particular problems or questions that I could write about then drop me a line at m.hunt77@hotmail.com .

Ok now that is over I can get on with this weeks little ditty. By the time you read this I will be up north on a little pre Christmas visit / piss up / shopping expedition. / Photography mission. And I can’t tell you how much I am looking forward to going. Not because I need to get away or I hate being down south I don’t. It’s just that I have the most brilliant time and always meet some of the nicest people I know. The particular part of the North I am referring to is Newcastle or to be more precise Gateshead. Now I probably have an unfair advantage in that I married a Geordie girl and so we stay with the in-laws. But even when I go around the town on my own (having slipped the leash and feel brave enough to go without a translator……. joke) people talk to you. And when I say talk I don’t just mean the disjointed grunts you get in the southeast but a proper conversation. It makes a whole world of difference to the shopping experience when people are nice. Take note major corporations if you want people to part with there money treat them nice and they spend more. It’s as simple as that.

Now I am not trying to say that all the Sales assistants, Bank clerks, Bar staff etc in the south are grumpy and miserable and treat you with the same contempt as shit on your shoe they don’t. But I bet if you get good service down here you remember it and tell people at parties as if it is some major event. It’s defiantly the rule not the exception. What I have not worked out yet is why? We share the same DNA and all live on the same pokey little island. Let’s face it if this was California the distance from Newcastle to Bedford is just about the length of LA north to south. We would all be part of the same town let alone the same State. Is it the diet or may be the colder air. And yes before you ask they do wear very short skirts and tops without a coat in the depth of winter. As yet I am at a loss to work it out. Never mind I shall be doing more research from Wednesday morning. Oh and the beer is cheaper perhaps that has something to do with it.
Matt x

No comments: