Friday, December 02, 2005

..and the thwickerty thwackerty man poked people in the eye as he rolled down the hill...


Good God...the wind is howling round the tower block and all the small animals are scared...is this the prophecy, has the end of the world come now?...no, its just a storm, but hey!, you have to be dramatic now and then. There is a distinct ominous chill in the air and i do believe that soon the snow will come...we shall wait and see. Glen (Poland) has informed me that snow is terrifically deep in Warsaw as he trudged to get some sugar the other day...would love a bit of snow trudgeing myself. I never saw snow until I was 12 when we returned from South Africa, I remember that well, it was as thrilling as seeing the first pictures on a colour television that my parents bought...if i remember right my dad put the tv on in black and white then slowly moved the colour button to produce a gloriously technicolour screen...if my memory serves me right there was some sort of sports on, either ice skating or horse jumping, can't quite remember which. I was in awe and my world became a brighter place...can anyone else remember the first tv pictures they saw in colour?
I also remember another important point in my life which was 1969 at school in Australia when man landed on the moon, I remember sittting crossed legged on the floor watching a grainy tv screen stood on a high tripod stand...of course it was daytime in Australia while it was night time for you people in europe. I hope i am remembering these things right and am not suffering some sort of psychotic episode!
It's funny how things come back to you, but what i want to know is why they are coming back to me now? I even told my mum the other day about a soap opera that she used to watch when i was five, i even remember the opening titles and music...strange how the human mind works!

The pope is still a cunt...i have not changed my mind...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't remember the first program I watched on our colour tv, other than seeing the test card.
Have just been to see Harry P, fab film, really enjoyed it, probably a little scary for 7yr old, waiting for the bad dreams. Gx

Anonymous said...

The 1970 world cup final between Brazil and Italy was shown in colour but nobody in our town had a television set. They were too busy having illicit sex.