Thursday, December 29, 2005

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO US!


Hi
Exciting day today...blogs 1st birthday and Steves 40th...now there's a contrast !...personally I don't think I would have survived the year without the blog to offload to at some point! It's been a real rollercoaster ride...when i started the blog in the early days I was commited to something appearing every day for people to read and digest, I didn't realise that this would be so hard...it was emotionally draining and the pressure to either be funny or creative was tantermount to my decision to nearly give it up a third of the way through this year. It was with insistance from friends that i carry it on but I did compromise by opening it up to other peoples experiences to help me beef up the content. So today the blog is as you see it, a small community that has a mind of its own and a million life experiences to share. I will admit it has caused a few disagreements and arguments at times but you take the rough with the smooth! Again when I was diagnosed with Cancer it was so important for me to write that down to maintain some normality in my life, don't get me wrong, the worst is yet to come and I really am scared but as long as I can share that feeling with the people I love and random strangers who may benefit from my experiences then that is all that matters to me.
I don't think it would do to review what happened on the blog during the year as what has passed does not matter anymore, but it is there for all to see and for us as a community to reflect upon, laugh at, cry with but overall really enjoy what has been OUR lives over a 365 day period.

here's a few words from the guys...

"The blog is like a good friend, you can off load all the good and bad stuff that is going on in your life and instantly it makes you feel better.

Here's to lots of laughter during 2006(fingers crossed).

Love you all Gx"




The freedom of speech or to write is one of the most important things that we have. Some say that we don’t have freedom any more and that the press is controlled from the men in Whitehall or maybe the White House. Some may say we never did and that the men in black are always out there listening. And there is probably an element of truth in that but in the last few years the world has been taken over by people like you and me who now have the ability to write anything on any subject and have it read by anyone who has a computer. Yep there is a lot of dross out there but the very fact that it can be seen is very important. As a famous man once said “I may disagree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it”. Blogs using the new medium of the internet keep free speech alive in a time when the TV channels are more interested in ratings. And the news papers seem to be sliding ever more towards the gutter (where all good Sun readers feel at home). So I am very happy to be writing each week. I hope you enjoy some things I say and that I offend and annoy in equal measure.
Happy first anniversary Blog and thank you Neil for keeping it going. Normal service will be resumed on the 5th of Jan when the hang over clears and the feeling of good will to all men is firmly back in its box for another 12 months.

Matt x


wow!!!, so the blog is one today, hasn't the year gone quick, It only seems
like last week that i gave all of you an insight into Rodeo sex!! and
trawlled through my early life, I am also quite chuffed that it is also my
birthday today, the big 40 but i don't feel a day over 39 ha! ha! anyway
lets keep on bloggin' in the new year and i will try not to miss to many
next year!!!.
i hope all our readers wherever you are have a fab new year, see you
soon steve........xxx


and Lisa?....Lisa was late for deadlines as usual lol...but she sends her love to all!

Well thats it for one year...a spiritual journey is beckoning and New Year celebrations begin...
Love to all...Neil x (Proudly Piddy of "Piddy's Place)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Better late than never - what can I say that has not already been said, the blog is like a pair of old worn slippers that cant be replaced by a new pair, they have been with your through the good and the bad, they have laughed, and cried with you every step of the way. I would not be without them.... Happy Birthday and Happy New Year to friends old and new heres hoping 2006 will bring health and happiness to all Lisa xxx