Wednesday, August 31, 2005

gina's little piece of cyberspace

I was going to tell you all about my shed demolition experience and accident, but most of you have heard about this first hand so I will not bored you again. The thing that is now really worrying me is I am becoming a serious drain on the NHS, in the last 2 weeks I have had

1 blood test, 1 tetanus injection, (thankfully they now do this in your arm and not in your bottom)seen 3 Doctors & 1 Nurse, spoke to NHS direct twice, and I am on antibiotics until Saturday. (make that Friday morning will you!...you know very well why!)

For me this is a record, I rarely go to the Dr's, but as I am clearly on a roll, maybe on my next visit I may be able to get an illusive sick note, but perhaps I should not joke about this!

Work a been a little flat this week, maybe it's to do with the recent changes, or is everyone winding down ready for their holidays. Oh no, I have just realised that the blog will be off air for 2 weeks, and also you will be missing for the "pub night", maybe Lynne and I will stay local and see what does or does not happen here on a Friday night.

On a serious note, I thought some one would have mentioned the passing of Mo Mowlem. I have never been interested in Politics but for me this lady was a truly amazing character, she was down to earth, compassionate, had a huge amount of energy and determination, and had real spirit. After all the knocks she faced in a her relatively short life, she picked herself up and got on with the job in hand, she should be an inspiration to us all. I hope no-one don't minds, but I thought she was worthy of a mention on our humble blog.
Gx

5 comments:

piddy77 said...

mo will truly be an angel by now...also a part of Irish and English history...gawd bless her xx

Anonymous said...

oh am i the only one who does not know about the shed saga :( you will have to fill me in Gx
I had forgotten no blogs for 2 weeks unless Neil can get online in Egypt and post one lol to busy sunbathing, swimming eating more sunbathing drinking swimming etc....
:) Lisa

Anonymous said...

oh am i the only one who does not know about the shed saga :( you will have to fill me in Gx
I had forgotten no blogs for 2 weeks unless Neil can get online in Egypt and post one lol to busy sunbathing, swimming eating more sunbathing drinking swimming etc....
:) Lisa

piddy77 said...

...and how many times would you like to tell us that lisa! lol

Anonymous said...

Need to continue with pills, as my foot is still a little tender, so it looks like large quantities of diet coke will be drunk on Friday, unless the pub stocks cranberry juice, that's now become my favourite tipple. Also I have a very busy day on Saturday, so I need to be fighting fit to ensure ample refreshments are provided for Mr Shed man. Gx