Tuesday, January 03, 2006

pinch punch, 3rd of the month!

157 and counting!!


Well its finally arrived 2006 we can shake off the year before and look forward to what’s in store for all of us this coming year.

I haven’t planned much this year, although June is taken care off. A trip to New York is hopefully on the cards in November as my little brother joins the elite club that is 40 – he will hate me to mention this as he is convinced that his birth certificate has been altered. But the fact that he will also become a granddad in a couple of weeks seems to have hit home just recently!

I am already on my count down (157 days to be precise) till we become a nation obsessed, St George’s flags will be flying and we all become patriotic for the National Football Team. Lets hope no one breaks their metatarsal bone again millions of people praying for a foot was a bit much!.

I know it may seem obsessive but as all who know me will vouch I am passionate about football, and yes I do know where Arsenal are currently lying in the Premiership compared to Chelsea, Man Utd and the likes. But there is something passionate about watching England play especially when in a pub – we all become armchair critics and every decision Sven makes is analysed, criticised or agreed with. Language becomes very colourful as we are taken to the edge of frustration and back, and then nine times out of ten we end up doing what we do best, crashing out in the penalty shoot out.

I just wanted to add these two messages that were sent to me by email from a friend I don’t know who wrote them or where they came from but I thought they were worth sharing with you all…..

As you grow up, you learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probably will.You will have your heart broken probably more than once and it's harder every time.You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken.You'll fight with your best friend.You'll blame a new love for things an old one did.You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love.So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back.

Mend a quarrel. Search out a forgotten friend. Dismiss suspicion and replace it with trust. Encourage someone who's lost faith. Keep a promise. Forget an old grudge. Examine your demands on others and reduce them. Fight for a promise. Express your gratitude. Overcome an old fear. Take two minutes to appreciate nature. Tell someone you love them. Tell them again and again.

Ciao for now Lisa xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Forgot it was Tuesday, starting reading this entry and was rather puzzled, I thought this was Neils blog and not yours Lisa, sorry.
I do feel a fool now, but as I'm reading I'm thinking I didn't know Neil had a brother and I though he only watched the footie because it was an excuse to go to the pub.
Loved the 2 messages, but then I'm soft, silly and sentimental......sometimes. Gx