Saturday, February 26, 2005

A passing

I got home today to find that an old friend of mine had passed away...she died of cancer and was the same age as me..so today i dedicate this page to Gill and hope i meet up with her in heaven one day...


Goodbyes

My world fell asleep the day you passed on,
with hesitant steps I walked from your room,
the kitchen seemed still,
an old worn out broom stood soulless,
and I the virtuous son stood soulless also,
tears for past lives long gone.

The depth of night with the cold shadows soon
entwine the crevices of each empty room
with bouts of sadness, the removal of one.
But you, you were light as a spring wisp breeze,
with colour you lit up the star's night gaze,
you left imprints of footfall with graceful ease.

The laughter gone,
the smiles no longer raise lines in your tortured visage,
sudden cease.
Dear departed, you still set my heart ablaze.


Neil Piddock
Copyright ©2002

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neil sorry to hear about your friend but what a lovely way of saying goodbye Lisa xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

What a lovely goodbye neil xxxx Lauren