Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The rambling rose....

Lots of random ramblings but no substance…….

Well I have been given until 6pm to get this blog to Neil or suffer the consequences – I was tempted for a moment to see what the consequences were but then decided it would be easier to write a blog.

Well I picked a good week to have off the weather is fantastic and I hope you are all enjoying it – I do feel for the people that have to work and think there should be something written up that says when it hits a certain temperature its too hot to work and everyone should be allowed to go home. I know this may bring the nation to its knees but we have known for ages about climate change and the ozone layer so you would think companies would be investing in some form of cool air systems for its employees.

I don’t think for a minute that employers can be getting the most out of their staff when they sit in hot and humid conditions sweating. Lets go European and have siestas lol.

I have been invited to Arsenal again to watch the first team train on Thursday at their new stadium called Emirates – does not have the same ring as Highbury but from the prctures that I have seen it looks an amazing stadium, so I am really looking forward to it. This time I will be taking a digital camera hopefully will get better shots than I did last time!


Mercury Album of the Year Shortlist:

Arctic Monkeys -- "Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not"
Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan -- "Ballad Of The Broken Seas"
Editors -- "The Back Room"
Guillemots -- "Through The Windowpane"
Richard Hawley -- "Coles Corner"
Hot Chip -- "The Warning"
Muse -- "Black Holes And Revelations"
Zoe Rahman -- "Melting Pot"
Lou Rhodes -- "Beloved One"
Scritti Politti -- "White Bread, Black Beer"
Sway -- "This Is My Demo"
Thom Yorke -- "The Eraser"



Anyway my random ramblings with no substance have come to an end must try harder for next week think of something that will get people talking, and leaving comments, rub people up the wrong way ……………….mmmmmmmmm maybe I will leave that to Neil

Until next time thank you for reading and enjoy the weather I am off for a Pimms

Ciao
Lisa xxxxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have to agree with you on that Matt a superb album Lisa

piddy77 said...

sorry guys but i think Richard Hawley has it in the bag...all the other acts were interviewed and said he should win!