Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Slipstream - A Film by Sir Anthony Hopkins

I'm breathless having just watched this amazing piece of existentialist cinema written and directed by our very own Sir Anthony.

It's obvious that the style of the film will gain comparisons with David Lynch, dreams, mystery, films within a film and like Lynch the editing, sound and cinematic process has been cared for and nurtured very carefully.

To be honest, I was really surprised with how well this film works although I did feel at one point that there were slightly too many characters to make the piece totally convincing.

If you like Lynch I really urge you to watch this film...the criminal thing is that no distributors have taken the film up for showing in this country...now I really understand why directors and actors have very little faith in the British Cinema system.

The good news is you can buy from 'Play.com USA' for 14.99 from the 26th Feb.

No comments: