Tuesday, April 22, 2008

...and as if by magic, summer arrived...

...well it arrived for at least one day...today has been glorious, the back door is open, the smell of barbecues fills the air...the expensive waft of my 'Comme des garcons" fragrance plays merrily with the sunlit engorged air and I sit here feeling quite joyous and frivolous.

What have you been up to then?...eh?

As I have probably said I have been extolling the wonders of the lovely Delia Smith's book called 'How to Cheat'...in that book there is a lovely recipe for cottage pie and shepherds pie...well I have found a veggie alternative...instead of the tin of minced lamb or minced beef you can add a tin of 'Stag' (important that it is that brand) vegetable garden chilli to the recipe...mixed with the Aunt Bessies mash and gruyere topping it works really well and is just as magnificently tasty as the carniverous alternative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVnRzEjpUmE


The link above takes you to the video of 'Time to Pretend' by MGMT (Not available for embedding...boo hiis!)which is a stunning song that I only came across from watching 'Skins' ....the album is bloody magnificent! This is definitely on my list for the best of 2008 so far. Another great album is by the 'Last shadow puppets' who did a magnificent turn on the Jools Holland show the other night...The arttic monkeys man showed great maturity in the writing of these songs and the album has track after track ofr spaghetti western/ Lee hazelwood goodness...it really is an album that eveyone should have.



I saw this film yesterday and it is a great example of excellent british movie making, it's a beautiful coming of age story about friendship, guns, girls and Rambo! The film is funny, extremely well acted and the period pieces are just about spot on...if you want a really feelgood night out then I can't do any more than to urge you to see this film...by the way I was shedding a tear or two by the end, just to warn all of you sensitive leos out there!

Mike....I love you :)

Ciao x

No comments: